ADVERTISEMENT

Weaselz' Do Well Do Better from the game (Wake edition)

weaselz99

All Region
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2006
Do Well:
  • WR play - something that we haven't always been known for, we showed that there is some serious talent on this BC team. We out positioned, out maneuvered, and out muscled the defense to get some great catches. Yes, there were a couple of drops, but in the past decade I would probably say this was the best WR play I have seen, and that also has something to do with Do Well #2...
  • AB-QB1 - wow! we don't always see emotion from Anthony, but he proved that he has the grit to be something special (16-25; 304yds 5TDs) Tony Touchdowns was on fire and made a statement to every future opponent " I dare you to load the box"
  • Wyatt Ray- The D Line overall will be more listed on the other side of the coin but Wyatt Ray needs to be mentioned during some critical times during the final mins - 4 Sacks was amazing, but the late sacks and pressures limited the options of Hartman and swung the pendulum in BC's direction
  • Secondary - Thought the secondary played solid during the game, especially during key times and without too much pressure being applied to the QB, while the secondary as a whole did well - I would put Hamp Cheevers on the higher side and Brandon Sebastian on the lower side.
  • AJ- RB1 - any other night, 185 yards would have been the headline of this game, but tonight it wasn't. The play of Dillon set the table for other options, and Dillion's ability to make yards when the box is loaded is what make's him something special.

Do Better:
  • Special Teams (ALL ASPECTS)- We took a very questionable area; and it is now worse facing a quality opponent. We do not need to lead the league, a serviceable grade in this department could swing us 2 or more games. I am hoping this is an area that gets cleaned up quickly. XPs should be closer to a given, all blocking should be much better, KO returns shouldn't have fumbles, long snaps should be better than Steve Nash free throws- All eyes on you Ricky Brown to show us the improvement, starting next week.
  • DL/LB- We need a good response to the RPO; did we find it late in the game with the extra heat on QB Hartman? I am not sure. I fully expected our Defense which practices against a hurry up offense all of the time to be well conditioned and that was not the case, I am certain that we see improvement on that aspect, as I think the exhaustion started creating some frustration plays such as the ones on Allen (late hit) and Strachan (facemask/suplex). Our Run D should be a strength of this team, and it showed up as suspect tonight.

What do you think that BC did well, or could do better?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News