ADVERTISEMENT

Training Camp Notes: Monday, Aug. 13

RoverendEA

Walk-On
Gold Member
Jul 21, 2018
After sitting out Saturday's scrimmage and enjoying Sunday's day off, Anthony Brown was back to business as usual on Monday morning as he went through throwing drills and later led the first-team offense live against the defense for the first time in camp.

"I'm trying to catch back up to speed," Brown said. "Without reps, I wouldn't be as composed as I usually am. So just gotta get back to that."
smsslgtdguvqp9lodhub

The quarterbacks took turns passing to the running backs, tight ends, and wide receivers before the periods ended and Brown stepped up under center against the first-team defense. Nine months after his right knee gave out while making a cut against NC State, the redshirt sophomore appeared at full strength with zip on his tosses and rhythm on his progressions.

"My knee feels great," Brown said. "My arm feels perfectly fine. That wasn't an issue at all."

Fortunately for Brown, he's been able to learn from his defense, which boasts three preseason All-Americans, as he nears his return to full contact.

"The ACC is a very powerful conference when it comes to defenses," Brown said. "Our defense gives us a great look and a great replica of everybody else that we're about to get ready to play."

A.J. Dillon continues to look like a man among boys in the running back unit, which went through some interesting drills led by coach Brian White. Dillon & Co. weaved between obstacles before shedding a rolling yoga ball like a would-be tackler, and finally spinning off another pad to complete the run. Among returning ACC running backs, Dillon caused the most missed tackles against conference defenses last year.

Dillon also took it upon himself to improve his hands by catching balls from the third-team quarterbacks during their throwing drills.

"We would always like to increase throwing to our running backs because that opens up the throw game for everyone else and it also opens up our run game," Brown said.

Four scouts from the Bengals, Panthers, Rams, and Bears were in attendance for Monday's practice. Considerable attention was given to the defensive line, led by top prospect Zach Allen, who was just named to the Ted Hendricks Award Watch List today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News