ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts For The Coming Season

Fanman63

All Conference
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2017
I want to express my thoughts on basketball team with the opener a week away

The Backcourt: It doesn't bother me too much that we lost Zach and Harris. I truly believe that we weren't going to the NCAA's because of their limitations that has been taslked about endlessly.. It appears that D. Brown can do a lot of things well that will help level off the loss of Zach and Harris. I have no faith in Kelly being our point guard after the s- -t show he put on last year. I am hoping that this frosh Towes breaks out or Payne to lead the point.

Front court: Losing Glock really hurt. Strong brings energy and had his moments. If he can be consistent it would be a huge lift for the team. I feel Hand can be a contributor for the team. He's quick, can create fouls and is a decent shooter. The only thing, he needs to get stronger to handle the the three position. I like what I see of Venning. If he is some what as productive as Burns[NCSU], it would soften the lost of Q. Post
Bench: Our bench last year was not very productive last year .It was made up of Kelly, Prince, and Mighty. [I rest my case] I think with the replacements Hastings, McFarlene, Beadle, and the freshmen. will be a big improvement compared to last year.

Prediction: I believe this team will not make the NCAA's this year. I do believe that there's some talent here. I'm wishing a couple of players have breakout years [Strong,Hand] Grant can develop a productive point guard [Towes, Payne] If our bench contributes, we can win more games and get to the 500 mark for the season. In summary, lot of pieces have to come together to make it a successful season.

Go BC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.