ADVERTISEMENT

Our first 5 years in the ACC

BodySuit Man

All Region
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2003
Charlotte
That's 2 years each of TOB and Jags and 1 of Spaz.

47-19
26-14 regular season in conference
3-2 vs. P5 OOC (not including wins over Boise State in Boise, back when they were a top-10 program and unbeatable at home, and BYU twice)
2 division titles
3 top-20 seasons (high T-10) plus one ARV

3-2 vs. FSU
3-2 vs. Clemson
3-4 vs. VT
2-1 vs. ND
(granted FSU and ND were down at the time and Clemson wasn't up the way they are now, but VT was a perennial top-10 team)

Fxck you if you say we can't do any better than mediocrity. Fxck you if the last 5 years have been acceptable to you. Fxck you if you say we are what we are. We can compete at the very highest levels of college football. We can win ACC titles, we can compete for and we can win the national title. Not every year, but we can do it. I will go to my grave convinced that we were an academic administrative error away from being +6.5 or so underdogs in a national championship game.

Ever to fxcking Excel. Yeah our crowds suck, guess what? That's because the gameday experience is the worst in the country and the school doesn't even pretend it gives a shxt about having a successful program. Guess what, both of those problems are fixable and when they're fixed the fans will come out.

And because I know PG will chime in here....no, this doesn't vindicate TOB, at least not fully. No one has ever denied that he did a good job rebuilding the program or that his first 7 or 8 years or so at BC were very good. That said, three things are undeniable: First, he was never going to get the team over the 8-9 win hump, even if he had stayed on in 2007 we would not have gone to the ACCCG; Second, he completely gave up on the job, wanted out for several years and trashed BC for several years after leaving; finally (and this ties in with point two) he gave up on recruiting around 2004 or 2005, which is a big reason why we had problems after Spaz's first season and may have continued to fxck us down the road by buying Spaz an extra season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News