ADVERTISEMENT

More Recruting Depth in the Future

MN-Eagle

All Conference
Oct 6, 2005
Chestnut Hill, MA
The below article is from SBN. In addition, to the 6 future recruits that have been selected by the USNTDP, we apparently have a (or the) top prospect in the USHL Futures draft as well. There were over 150 kids on the list. I stopped at the first one. Happy reading!

The 2017 USHL Phase I Draft takes place Monday, May 1. The Futures Draft, as it is also called, is for prospects born in 2001 only.

The following rankings are for those 2001 born prospects who have not accepted an invite from the NTDP, tendered with a USHL organization, or signed with a CHL organization.

While many Canadian-born players impressed this observer at the World Selects Invite, only those who have visited or committed to a Division I school or who play prep hockey are included in these rankings.

Several Canadian players who excelled at WSI such as Nick Porco, Graeme Clarke, Ryan Suzuki, Mason Primeau and Jamieson Rees, just to name a few, are omitted due to the likelihood they’ll play major junior.

Rankings and player notes are based off World Selects Invite, USA Hockey Select 15 Player Development Camp, USA Hockey Nationals and other local and regional events and games.

1. Alex Newhook, St. Andrew’s College, F, Shoots Left (Boston College) – He has elite speed and a terrific skill set overall. He has a good first step and a second gear to blow by defenders. His hockey IQ is also very good. His vision and play-making abilities are outstanding and he can also finish.

Reactions: djm8888
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News