ADVERTISEMENT

Halftime thoughts from high above Alumni

KStone22

All State
Gold Member
Nov 7, 2022
-The atmosphere on the field pregame and even before that during the Eagle Walk was fantastic. On field, it felt like a Monday Night Football game. Recruits were wrapped around from the home sideline 40 to the tunnel. Patriots players were on the field. Just awesome.

-Can't waste tonight if you're Bc atmosphere wise. If BC loses this game you lose all buzz and positivity. Lucky to get 20,000 here for WKU if it happens.

-TC needs to forget what they've told him about being a bit more of a pocket passer and just take off if the lane is there. Sacks he's taken tonight are mostly because he's looking to get the ball downfield instead of just using his legs.

-I refuse to get off my 'James is a better QB for this offense' stance. Is Tommy more athletic? Yup. Is Grayson a better fit to get the ball to guys down field? Yup. I'm not advocating for a change because it won't happen, the staff is riding or dying with him, but it's just an observation I've had since camp and I stand by it.

-Now, the problem with that is these WR's are not getting open. I may have overrated them. However, I do still think they're way too talented to be getting locked up by this MSU defense.

-I also may have overrated Tim Lewis' defense. Not the front 4 (they're still awesome), but this secondary is giving up way too many chunk plays. The linebackers aren't great in coverage either. If the rush doesn't get there when they're in zone it's a guaranteed chunk play for an opposing team.

-No one is good at tackling right now. Major issue.

-I've never seen a special teams unit this bad. Can't punt. Can't snap. Can't make PAT's. I don't know how you fix it either. It's not the weather, this has been an issue for just about the entire season. If you're O'Brien or Lawing, 4th-and-anything around 6 you pretty much have to go for.

-The playing of Mr. Brightside after a sack that forced a punt is embarrassing. I've been critical of the timing for years now, but that was Red Sox-esque. Shame.

-Can't give up more than three on the opening drive of the 2nd half. Offense has no rhythm, might be it if they go down 20-6.

-Props to the student section packing the place 40 minutes before kickoff. Either way, this will be a memorable game and shows that college football can work here, but this team absolutely can't let the good will go with this lackluster showing.

Reactions: bodnarch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.