ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Brown update

bkitley

Walk-On
Gold Member
Mar 15, 2005
My grandson plays for Manasquan HS in NJ (Brad Newman went there) and last night they played St John Vianney, where Anthony Brown is the QB so I went to the game. Manasquan is a lunch pail , blue collar team which plays tough football but is not very good this year (3-4 going in). I thought I was watching BC Howard. SJV is ranked #4 in the state (before last night) behind Bergen Catholic, Don Bosco and Middletown South (my son-in-law's team) and they are extremely good. My son-in-law says they have 7 legit D1 players and he is right. Brown is the real deal. I am NOT a recruiting expert as some on this board think they are, but this kid has a cannon for an arm and is very accurate and he can run. Can't find his exact stats from last night but he was somewhere around 10-12 for 200 yards and 3 TDs and 1 run of 80 yards for a TD and that was in the 1st half. On his TD run, he outran a couple of VERY fast Manasquan DBs. It was 53-0 at half and mercifully, in NJ, when a team is down by 35 points at half time, the 2nd half is full running time. SJV only scored 14 more for a 67-0 victory. It is hard to assess just how good Brown is because he has so many good players around him, especially at the skill positions, but he was clearly the best player on the field. As an aside, their kicker is also a D1 kid (don't know if he is a junior or senior). Last night he was 9-9 on extra points and put 7-9 kickoffs into the endzone with some serious hang time. In Jersey high school ball, a kickoff into the endzone is not returnable so a kid like that becomes a real weapon for the defense. Anyway, Anthony Brown was fun to watch. He is listed as 6'2" and 190 and looks like he could easily put on 15 or 20 pounds without slowing him down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News