ADVERTISEMENT

Annual MIAA preview post

weswood25

All Region
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2004
It is that time. Opening night of the season. We have a non-league matchup with Abington. Here is my quick preview of divisions 1-5

D1: Some very good teams up top. Xaverian, St. Johns, Springfield Central and Needham stand out. St. Pierre probably has his best QB he has ever had and he is a frosh. I assume he is starting but haven't heard. X has sophomore Will Wood who will take over from Henry H at QB. X also has a great defensive line with Amadee (BC commit) and another Funke. Most of the media are predicting Springfield to win it all. They do have that sophomore RB that runs 4.4 and has a Mississippi St. offers already. It wouldn't surprise me if Springfield beats them in week 3. But for the playoffs I'll go with X. It is tough to go against good power teams like X with dominant lines in November/December.

D2: CM, Marshfield, and KP. I think it will be CM and KP in the end with CM winning. Marshfield knocked out CM last year in a big upset and KP won the whole thing. Its tough for publics to crank out the studs every year when you know CM has a bunch in the cupboard. CM has a few BC commits and added in BC Strength Coach's kid Fitzgerald who is a stud.

D3: This division has like 8 teams that could win it. Top contenders are Billerica, North Attleboro, Mansfield, Milton (defending champs), Milford, Walpole, Dartmouth. I'll take Walpole. They have the best QB in Noah Mackenzie who will be a D1 kid. Tall and has a rocket arm. They lost in the super bowl to Milton last year.

D4: That our division so no pick. D4 is a lot stronger than last year so it's going to be tough.

D5: Foxborough is going back to back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.