ADVERTISEMENT

All things this week

duda

All Region
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
1. Outstanding job by MJ getting the extra hour. We have been told for decades that it was not legally possible, and MJ in his first year with 24 hours notice of gametime gets it done. The biggest thing to come out of this week(other than a miracle win) is the fact that BC for the first time in forever has a legit, young get things done AD running point on things. This is enormous. He is raising enormous amounts of money, getting buildings done(hockey on the way, before basketball practice facility),making powerful allies and running BC like it is a P5 program. As with everything BC there is a downside and that is my guess is that he is not here for more than another 18 months. He will be out in front of the ESPN cameras this week and everybody will be singing his praises. He is a very well thought of and he will have his choice of Big spots in the coming years. I dont know how they do it, but BC should realize what they have and throw a big number at him for multiple years. It would be the wisest investment they could make. I am super impressed with him.

2. "PETETOPICK, should be the slogan. I read that he is not well, but he needs to be involved somehow in the day's presentation. His story is famous, but I bet 90% of the people who have done the ice bucket challenge have no idea of his connection to BC. I liked the Rinaldi story idea, but not to sound unsympathetic, but will ESPN want to run another "BC kid, world hero" two weeks after the Welles Crowther story. I would love it, but wonder if it is too much fawning over BC for ESPN.

3. It is great to have this on campus, but the Gameday experience is really a student only event. They need to get out there before 9:00 and be loud. It is tough for the non student to get there, pack up at 1:00 go home and be back by 4:00. The area and campus doesnt lend it itself to " At 1:00 lets go down to the campus hotspot bar, watch the noon games and walk back at 4:00". Saying that, this is on the students to show up and be better than last time.

4. I think BC's best chance to win this game was a noon start in the cold and hope Clemson has a tough time adjusting and sleepwalks through the first half. At 8:00pm and being the national game, BC's chances of catching Clemson off their game diminish greatly.

5. This will be unpopular but BC needs to win this game with physicality. they cant go 30 passes and outathlete Clemson on the edges. They need to run the ball, get into 3rd and 3's and convert with Brown using his legs or throws to the tight end. Execution has to be at a very high level. That means no four yard outs on 3rd and five.

6. In saying the game plan has to be tight, Dazz also needs to pick his spots as he did against USC and Miami in emptying the draw for a few creative designs. They need to work, and with a lot of eyes on the tv, Dazz needs to avoid the boredom of RRP, punt.

7. No idea what to expect from the crowd. If there are a lot of phony fans, and BC goes down quick, Clemson and the cold could be a bad neutralizer. As others have cited as cynical as we are regarding our crowd, when it gets going, it has caused many a QB to become unnerved. Would love to see them rattle Lawrence on Saturday night.

8. Enjoy the night everyone, win or lose, we are the main story of the night, and over the past decade we have been so so far from that. It is great to be the main act. It would be an incredible game to win for the program, but if we do, I may take a moratorium from the board, because knowing us all, it wont be more than 10 seconds after the win, that the first post to appear will be "The all time WTF now guaranteed in Tallahassee"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News