ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Dillon media availability....

JRowland

All Region
Staff
May 29, 2001

AJ Dillon....

*** Remembering the 2017 game against Louisville, Dillon knows he "came onto the scene nationally" and had his first start the next game. When he started to become more involved in the offense. "Cool to look back on".

*** Consistency has been a big part of this season. "I just really want to be dependable". Has been contributed in pass game, run game, as a decoy in recent games. "Also a testament to AB throwing the ball, David coming in doing his thing".

*** Dillon says as a freshman he knew where he was supposed to go and where he needed to be but didn't know how blocking was set up, where double teams were, anticipating things. Still stuff to learn but "for the most part I kind of understand the totality of the game," can set up blocks more.

*** Teams generally stack the box against Boston College -- "I take it as a sign of respect". Makes yards tougher to come by but still have to be dependable, it's not about the yards.

*** Was an honor to be out there on the field with Lamar Jackson that year. Met him at ACC awards ceremony when he got ACC Frosh of the Year. Pretty cool back and forth with him on the field that year.

*** Feels like BC has an identity inasmuch as this is what they do scheme wise, but as a team ready to make that next step. "This is the most committed team all around that I can say I've been a part of".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News