ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of thoughts...

walker4bc

All Region
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2001
Not sure why I care, but...
  1. If your offense is going to revolve around a high pick and roll, then you might want to teach Ky how to use a pick. I’ll start with this nugget - stopping right after you pass the pick man every single time so you keep both defenders on you and also able to recover easily to the guy that set the pick is not the answer.
  2. Even when Ky did draw both defenders away, it doesn’t do a lot of good if you get the ball to Pop (or Mitch) at the top of the key and they cannot shoot it from there. The result is they hand it back to Ky and we do the same thing again. Genius. How about having a guy that can shoot set the pick? Hamilton would be a good pick. Chat could also be good depending on who is defending him.
  3. Pop is awful right now. Not sure if something is ailing him but I would have gone small with Hamilton-Mitch-Chat-Tabbs-Ky a lot more tonight. It wasn’t like we were rebounding anyway.
  4. Frankly, though, none of the above matters if we aren’t going to focus and put effort in. We slept through that game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News