ADVERTISEMENT

Think Prince deserves his own thread

eire1993

All State
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2002
Prince earned a lot of praise in the game thread last night for game one of his BC hoops career. Well deserved for sure. I bet he is a bit disappointed with his shooting percentage as he missed some bunnies, but that aside he was really impressive. I thought he showed a really well-rounded game. One of my favorite aspects of his performance last night was that he brings great energy to the team, and plays with some fire, for sure. Really impressed by how he reentered the game with about 5 minutes left after sitting for good stretch and watching his team lose the lead. He was assertive right away and seemed to up the level of intensity for BC -- actually he was assertive from the opening tip (when he jacked a quick 3) for that matter and played with a ton of confidence even when he missed a bunch of makable shots early.

Kind of funny to read, 'wish he had a couple more inches', because, yeah sure, don't we wish that for all of our players. If he was two inches taller he probably would have been a 5* and very well landed elsewhere. At 6'7" there's no doubt he'll see some athletic bigs in the ACC that will make it tough for him to operate around the rim, but he looked pretty crafty down there (even if he snuggled to finish some of those last night), but based upon videos of him I think he's a better finisher than he showed last night and looks like can score at the other two levels too (mid and 3 pt).

While he got a bit lost on D at times, he got after it and made some nice plays. Looks to me like he has the athleticism and will to play Earl level D.

I also loved seeing him try to pump up the crowd out there and getting fired with Zay right after the dub. (Side note: Zay has earned any and all success that come his way in how he has handled the last year of his life. Super impressive kid. Loved seeing him there getting fired up for the hoops team). Prince giving the student section a shout out on Twitter after the game was great stuff too. His postgame interview was high character stuff too.

Gonna be easy and fun to root for this kid

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News